Hello readers, as promised here I am at the dashboard constructing posts with fun styling tips, ideas and advice!
Lately I must admit it has been quite a challenge to find time to work dedicatedly on the blog without having to attend to the kids, homework, colds and household chores after work, plus it is festive times at home! Okay..I don’t want to start a fun post on a whinging note but I can tell you one thing, as I type this I feel like all the love, feedback and encouragement I get from you wonderful readers is totally the driving force behind me pushing my limits to bring you something fabulous!! Thank you all:-)
Its the first day of Spring and I will be leaving on that jet plane in less than 10 days for a wonderful holiday. Yay to that and the fact that I have a happy customer. My very first styling client is back in this post and this time we spent some quality time ‘shopping her closet’ to create fun and lively Spring outfits. We began with printed pants. A must have piece according to me, ever since I discovered how comfortable the soft version can be.
If you are worried about looking far too casual or don’t know how to select prints and what to team with these pants, here are a few ideas:
1. Monochrome is certainly the best bet if you are too worried about printed pants looking too much like pyjamas!
2. Smaller mosaic or floral prints can be better than large bold prints especially if you are petite, taller woman can experiment with bigger prints but I’d still say play it safe with a moderate size!
3. If you do pick coloured printed pants in an array of colours, team up with a solid coloured tank or silk top to match one of the colours from the printed pants itself.
4. Add accessories according to the occasion, a statement necklace, a cuff or dainty layered necklaces. A bright clutch in a complimentary colour for a night out or a neutral handbag for Friday dressing are great options. Pair with flat sandals, loafers or high heel pumps depending on the event.
Do you like how we came up with this ‘touch of vintage’ look to go with the print on the pants? I think Shayoka wears this with so much confidence and she looks absolutely gorgeous in blue too!
Now if you are looking for some hints on buying printed pants, here is an edit to suit most women’s taste, budget and body type-
1. Soft mosaic print pants- Katies $20 (on sale, my recent buy!) | 2. Silk pleat zebra print pants – Seed Heritage $99.95 | 3. Eleanor soft pants- Sportscraft $112.46 (on sale) | 4. Floral soft pants – Millers $30 | 5. Monochrome stripe pattern pants- Sussan $49.95 (on sale)
I would love to hear all about your style experiences with printed pants!