Ever since I returned from my holiday I’ve had so many readers and friends expressing interest in my shopping stash from the States! I feel flattered that you are all keen to see my shopping delights and trust my keen eye for picking up bargains. I decided to do a style board for some of the quality staples I purchased for truly fab prices. Take a look here-
1. Monochrome print dress with contrast side panels – Banana Republic (outlet) | 2. Vintage look tassel necklace- JCrew (30% clearance on sale) | 3. Black silk vest – Banana Republic (40% clearance on sale) | 4. Zebra print scarf – Thrift store (bargain price $10) | 5. Saffiano leather wallet – Kate Spade (outlet) | 6. Black faux suede sandals- G.H. Bass & Co. (outlet) | 7. Silver rope knot bangle – Kate Spade (outlet) | 8, Monogram tote – Michael Kors (outlet) | 9. Trellis print pants – Brooks Brothers (Airport shopping) | 10. Arrow bracelet – JCrew (30% clearance on sale) | 11. Leopard print slip on sneaker – American Eagle (clearance) | 12. Dark wash denim jacket – Old Navy | 13. Bright blue dial watch – Marc by Marc Jacobs (outlets)
It is quite easy to get carried away when you go shopping at the outlets or even at the local shopping center in the city you are visiting in the US. While the likes of Old Navy, Target and JCPenney can offer some incredibly inexpensive deals and tempt you to fill up your suitcase quickly, Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales can leave you dreaming about luxury things and return empty handed! It is therefore best to do some pre-planning and research before hand.
My pre-planning tips-
1. Do a reality check of your wardrobe before you make a list and identify the gaps
2. Research brands that you really love or think you might love and check out their websites for pricing and variety.
3. Make a list of the must visit stores when you hit the outlets and follow your priority list. It sounds overkill but seriously, the outlets there are so massive you will be left disappointed that you couldn’t see half of it at the end of the day!!
4. Aim for quality pieces and remember that local brands will be the best bet for greatest variety and best price points (Some of my strong recommendations: Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Tory Burch, DKNY and Coach)
5. At the regular store always start with the clearance racks for best deals and usually it will be perfect for Australia taking advantage of the reverse season bargains!
6. Buy quality make up and stock up on perfumes, you are sure to find a huge range for an amazing price. (I found great deals on NARS, Kiehl’s, Essie and Clinique)
I would love to hear all about your shopping stories if you have visited the States or your wishlist if you are planning to go there!